100 Days Path

Many of the entries in this blog are my diary entries as I work my way through the book 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on any Diet Plan by Linda Spangle.

Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 8: Help me, please...

Ugh.

This chapter is a hard one for me to read. I know that I will need to remember this chapter and come back and read it many times.

It is about setting boundaries and expectations with friends and family regarding your diet and/or progression.

In case you haven't read my previous posts,

I HATE TALKING ABOUT MY WEIGHT!!!

Period.

I hate talking about weight, diet, clothing size, exercise, what is fattening and what is not, etc etc etc. I hate ANY attention on me regarding my body size. Negative or positive, I hate it all.

Fortunately, in my household it is just my husband and myself so I do not have the stress of other family members being around daily. My husband is the most awesome support I could ever ask for. He wants to lose some weight as well an is still figuring out what plan is going to work for him best. I do 95% of the grocery shopping and meal planning so I have a lot of control over what we have in the house and what we eat. And thank God hubby is not a fussy eater. He's happy with just about anything I put in front of him.

When on a plan such as Medifast, trips out to eat at restaurants are greatly reduced. I am pretty content with this but I know my husband misses it. So I am making a point for us to go out at least once a week or so. I can either make the decision to go off plan for that meal or to order a meal that fits into the lean & green.

But as always, I DREAD any upcoming family gatherings. I don't mind at all getting together with my husband's family and actually don't feel any anxiety at the thought of them noticing my weight loss or food choices and commenting. But my family? Oh GAWD I dread that. So many of them are so judgmental of me and I just feel like a complete loser around them.

Yesterday's Foods:

8:30am: Medifast oatmeal

9am: triple iced latte

11:30am: Medifast chicken noodle soup, Medifast garden veggie crackers

3pm: Medifast puffs

5:30pm: We went out with friends but I stuck to the restaurant's very-well-stocked salad bar. I did have some of the pasta salad that was offered and a bit of the fruit salad.

10pm: Medifast chocolate pudding with 2 tsp of fat free cool whip.

Exercise: none besides normal daily activities

Weight: down .2lbs from previous day, down 6lbs since starting back on MF, down 10.6lbs from heaviest weight

No comments:

Post a Comment