100 Days Path

Many of the entries in this blog are my diary entries as I work my way through the book 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on any Diet Plan by Linda Spangle.

Monday, July 19, 2010

Day 11: Two purposes of food

This chapter stresses that we need to keep in mind that there are two purposes for food:

1. To fuel our bodies
2. To appreciate flavors

In other words, don't eat because you are upset or just bored!

Such simple advice. And so true. I need to keep that in my head.

The late nights when my husband works are the hardest. I get lonely and I find myself craving snacks. But if I'm good, and eat a Medifast meal after dinner, I'm usually able to fend off the snack monster. I also keep in my head the advice from an earlier chapter; that I can have that late-night snack at a later date.

Yesterday's Foods:

9:15am: half of a Slim Fast shake (had to eat on the run on the way to church). I could not afford to order more of the Medifast ready-to-drink shakes right now so I did some research and found out that the Slim Fast Low Carb shakes are the best tasting and safest replacement. "Safe" meaning the closest in nutritional value and carb content to Medifast shakes as opposed to other brands of shakes out there. The Slim Fast Low Carb shakes are almost 200 calories though and that is equal to about two Medifast meals so I purposefully did not drink the whole shake.

12:15pm: Medifast chicken & wild rice soup with some oyster crackers, sugar free Red Bull.

3pm: Medifast brownie

5pm: grilled porkchop, a bit of leftover pulled pork, baked beans, green salad

8pm: 2 Otterpops (25 cal each but not sugar free)

10pm: Medifast fruit & nut crunch bar

Exercise: none besides normal daily activities.

Weight: down 1.2lbs from previous day, down 9.4lbs since starting back on MF, down 14lbs from heaviest weight

No comments:

Post a Comment