100 Days Path

Many of the entries in this blog are my diary entries as I work my way through the book 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on any Diet Plan by Linda Spangle.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Day 10: Appreciate good support

This chapter is about how to receive compliments and how to respond to them. We need to not respond in any way negative or the person may feel that their compliment does not mean anything to us.

I so struggle with this. As I've written before, I long for people to notice my weight loss but at the same time I soooo dread it! I just do NOT want to talk about my weight and/or diet.

Due to this inner struggle, I am guilty of not giving compliments when I should. Over the past year I've known several people who lost a good amount of weight on Medifast. I haven't given a single one of them a compliment.

I feel really bad about that.

I just can't get the words out as that would start a discussion about weight and attention on me and the weight I need to lose.

Wow. Makes me sound like a horrible person, doesn't it?

Yesterday's Foods: Yesterday I took a day off plan and enjoyed the day with my husband. Even though I was off-plan, I still didn't do *that* bad.

Noon: we started our day late and went out for a late breakfast. I had 3/4 of an omelet with cheese, bacon, ham & sausage in it. I also had 1 piece of lightly buttered toast with strawberry jam.

4pm: we shared some appetizers as an early dinner at one of our favorite german restaurants: swiss fondue with bread & sausage, scotch eggs (I ate one), chicken schnitzel strips.

9pm: large handful of pistachios

I stuck to calorie-free beverages all day.

Exercise: none besides normal daily activities and running errands with husband

Weight: no change from previous day, down 8.2lbs since starting back on MF, down 12.8lbs from heaviest weight

No comments:

Post a Comment