100 Days Path

Many of the entries in this blog are my diary entries as I work my way through the book 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on any Diet Plan by Linda Spangle.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 5: Magic notebook

Day 5: Magic Notebook

The author of this book heavily encourages us to journal our weight loss plan. I've heard this before. I've heard several times over the years that it is very helpful to write down everything you eat everyday. But I've never done it until now.

Even if I don't get the chance to read a chapter and update this blog every day, I do jot down a note about everything I eat and the time I ate it. I also log my treadmill activity every time I use it.

I have an iPhone and I use the Notes application to keep my food diary. I also keep my treadmill log in there but periodically transfer the entries to a spreadsheet I keep. It is very encouraging to see the total time spent, calories burned and miles traveled on the treadmill build up.

So, apparently the "people" who told me that keeping a food diary would help were right. I do think twice about everything I put in my mouth knowing there will be a record of it. I'm being honest on my food journal. When I eat something I shouldn't, it still gets recorded. But I am finding that being accountable to my blog audience (of which at this point I think is only me but that is ok) does greatly help in keeping me on The Path.

The author recommends that when we think about or crave a particular food, we record it in our food diary as something we can enjoy in the future. That way we can let go of the obsessive thought and move on. I'm going to try that next time I get a craving for something sinful.

Yesterday's Foods:

am: Medifast oatmeal and part of a triple iced latte

11am: Medifast dutch chocolate shake with the rest of the latte mixed into it instead of water

3pm: Medifast chili nacho puffs, Zero Water

5pm: ham & eggs

8pm: Medifast chocolate pudding with 2 tsp of fat free cool whip and about 10-12 chocolate chips mixed in.

Exercise:
Treadmill 49 min, 2.5-2.6 speed, 2% incline, 2 miles, 224 calories burned

Weight:
down 1.6lbs from previous day, down 5.4lbs since starting back on MF, down 10.0lbs from heaviest weight

No comments:

Post a Comment