100 Days Path

Many of the entries in this blog are my diary entries as I work my way through the book 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on any Diet Plan by Linda Spangle.

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 6: Protect your program

This chapter starts out with this sentence:

"No one will ever care as much about your diet plan as you."

Amen, sister!

The author then goes on to stress that we are the only ones who can protect our diet plan and not let others tempt us off the path if we do not want to leave it.

To me, this boils down to one clear thought: Don't be a victim! Take control of your own destiny.

She urges us at social functions if we do not want to eat or to eat any more than we already have, to simply say "not just yet." to the person offering it. She urges us to avoid talking about our diet plans and I completely agree. Of course, if you've read my earlier posts, you already know how I feel about talking about weight and diet!

As I've discussed before, I've already started to feel some anxiety about people noticing my weight loss. Part of me wishes I could just go away and hide for a year, come out 100 lbs lighter and get all the "notices" done with at once.

But this time I am not going to allow my anxiety to derail my weight loss plans. Yes, I HATE talking about my weight and diet but I know people will comment or ask so I will be forced to discuss it some. But I do plan to put some boundaries in place and let people know that, although I thank them for noticing and appreciate their support, I do NOT want to talk about it.

This will probably hurt some feelings.

I have a few close girlfriends to whom I will confide what I am doing when I am ready to do so. But right now, only my husband is aware.

Yesterday's Foods:

am: Medifast chocolate crunch bar and 1/3 of a triple iced latte

noon: Medifast chicken noodle soup, Medifast garden veggie crackers, more of the iced latte

3pm: Medifast parmesan cheese puffs

5pm: oriental stir fry with turkey and vegetables served over brown & wild rice with some shredded Monterrey jack cheese on top. Sugar free Hawaiian Punch.

9:30pm: Medifast cinnamon pretzels, SF Hawaiian Punch

11pm: cheated with some cheese, ham and chips. (gotta be honest...) I do crave carbs really bad right before my period and this was just a few days before my period started.

Exercise: Treadmill 50 min, 2.5 speed, 2% incline, 2 miles, 228 calories burned

Weight:
no change from previous day, down 5.4lbs since starting back on MF, down 10.0lbs from heaviest weight

No comments:

Post a Comment