100 Days Path

Many of the entries in this blog are my diary entries as I work my way through the book 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on any Diet Plan by Linda Spangle.

Sunday, September 6, 2009

So What Am I Doing Wrong?

This summer I've noticed that many people I know who are unemployed (and collecting unemployment benefits) or are "broke" as they put it have taken vacations to wonderful locations such as Hawaii, Las Vegas, Disneyland, etc etc.

My spouse is employed (thank God) and the income from my business has gone down quite a bit from this time last year. So we have tightened our belts and sweated thru a few very tight weeks. We've had no vacations except for a few nights at the coast in May for our anniversary and 5 nights to a family reunion where our housing was free as we stayed with family.

We are on NO government assistance but yet our "vacation" trips this summer pale greatly in comparison to those we know who are on unemployment or who just simply claim they are "broke."

What gives? What are we doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment