100 Days Path

Many of the entries in this blog are my diary entries as I work my way through the book 100 Days of Weight Loss: The Secret to Being Successful on any Diet Plan by Linda Spangle.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back on The Wagon

One of the reasons I started this blog was to have a place to journal about my battles with losing weight. Back in March of this year, I started on the Medifast program. I did really well thru March & April, losing over 20lbs. Then in May I took 5 days off the program when we went out of town to celebrate our anniversary.

After our trip, I got back on the program but not with the same gusto as I had when I started. I chose more "cheat" items than I should have. But I did start an exercise program.

Around mid-June I really started to get into a depressive funk and that lasted all the way thru August. I'll get into why I was depressed in another post.

So I promised myself that I would get "back on the wagon" come September. So today I am attempting to climb back onto that big ol' wagon.

I weighed myself this morning and I am up 9lbs from my last weight in June. Ugh! But I knew it. My clothes are tighter and I can feel it in my body and overall health.

Overall I have just over 100lbs to lose. Probably closer to 120-125 to fit into the government's ideals but I have a chronic illness in which a few extra pounds can be beneficial. I also do not have a "skinny" body type. The goal of 100lbs overwhelms me so I'm sticking with a short-term goal of 20lbs by the middle of October (yes this is very possible on the Medifast program).

There are several health and emotional issues why I overeat and under-move. I'll talk about those more in depth in future posts.

I HATE talking about weight due to some very traumatic events in my childhood (I know, I should just get over it already). So I've created this blog as a place for me to talk about all the weight, diet, food and self-image issues I am unable to talk to anyone in person. And this is certainly cheaper than therapy!

I'm praying for strength and guidance from God as I re-embark on this journey. If you are so moved, I would also appreciate support and prayer from you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment